Who makes pancakes at your house? If the answer is “dad,” you’re not alone. I haven’t really pinpointed why pancake-flipping and barbecue-managing seem to fall into dad’s camp, but they do. When I asked around, almost every woman said that their father made them pancakes growing up or their husband makes pancakes for their children. The majority of the men I asked told me it was his job to make pancakes at home. It’s my husband’s forte. In fact, when people are coming to visit, they often request pancakes for breakfast. For a guy that’s not particularly interested in cooking, he is more than happy to whip up batch upon batch of pancakes—Bob’s Red Mill pancakes, of course.
The point of all this is that dad’s sure seem to make a lot of pancakes. Wouldn’t it be great to -ahem- flip this around and make HIM pancakes for Father’s Day? If making him pancakes isn’t on the agenda, what about giving him a gift set of different pancake mixes to experiment with? Either way, you’re getting pancakes and he’ll feel special. To help you turn Father’s Day into a really special day for dad, we’re giving away THREE gift sets of pancakes AND we’ll do our very best to make sure they arrive before the big day.
Winners will have their choice from the pancake options below to make a gift set for dad. I’ll even throw in a note for you and ship it to him, if need be. Of course, this means winners will have to respond quickly, so be sure to check your email to see if you’re a winner on 6/9. I will pick THREE winners at random from all who enter by 11:59 pm on 6/8/14. If this is all hooey to you and you just want to win some darn pancake mixes, you can certainly enter, too.
To enter, follow the prompts below.
- 10-Grain Pancake and Waffle Mix – Full of wholesome goodness and irresistible flavor, this pancake mix is a perfect blend of whole grain flours ground from wheat, rye, triticale and seven other nutritious stone ground whole grains. The result is hearty pancakes packed with fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix – Made with organic stone ground whole grain wheat flour, real buttermilk, aluminum-free leavening and pure raw sugar, this pancake mix makes for a traditional, delightful, fluffy pancake full of nutrition and flavor.
- Gluten Free Pancake Mix – This mix combines quickly to produce the perfect, light and airy pancake everyone will enjoy – whether they are gluten free or not.
- 7 Grain Pancake Mix – A wonderful array of organic whole grain flours made from wheat, rye, spelt, corn, oat, Kamut®, quinoa, brown rice and flaxseed makes for a delicious and healthy whole grain breakfast.
- Buckwheat Pancake Mix – A good source of fiber, protein and calcium, this whole grain mix cooks up perfect versions of traditional buckwheat pancakes.
- Organic High Fiber Pancake Mix – Made from the finest organic whole grain wheat flour, Scottish oatmeal, wheat bran, oat bran, wheat germ and flaxseed, each serving of this pancake mix contains 7 grams of wholesome fiber.
- Organic Cornmeal Pancake Mix – The down-home flavor of this mix comes from the stone ground whole grain cornmeal that contains the bran, germ and endosperm, as well as whole wheat pastry flour and oat flour.