All it takes is a little creativity and a video camera and you, too, can enter Spar for the Spurtle. We’re not looking for a fancy high-budget video, any old smart phone will do. What we are looking for, however, is a creative dish using Steel Cut Oats. Whether it’s just a fancy version of your morning routine or a whole new culinary enterprise, show us what you’ve done and you might just win yourself a trip to Scotland for two and $2500 cash! You have until 7/22 to submit a video, so get cracking!
Check out videos from last year for some confidence building- if they can do it, so can you!
Here are some really fun ideas that might just spark your creative bug. Find these and more on our Spar for the Spurtle Inspiration Pinterest Board.
- Savory Oats with Onions, Bacon, Cheese, Avocado, BBQ Sauce and Shredded Chicken from The Vegster
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Oats from Oh She Glows
- Rosemary Maple Savory Oats from Spark Recipes.com
- Over Easy Savory Oatmeal with Kale from Clean Eating Chelsea
- Blueberry Coconut Baked Steel Cut Oats from Family Fresh Cooking
- Gingerbread Oatmeal from Rachel Kimbrow (a Spar for the Spurtle 2011 Finalist)