Mother’s Day is most definitely a brunch occasion. If you haven’t already planned something, here are 12 recipes to show Mom just how much you care. Sure, you can take her out, but why not nurture her the way she nurtured you with a home cooked meal? Who cares if it’s not perfect. It’s the thought that counts and we bet this will be just as memorable as that hand made card from kindergarten.
For the mom who loves a sweet breakfast:
- Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast from The Realistic Nutritionist via Chef Mom:: Make this a bit healthier by using wholesome, whole grain bread or sub gluten free bread for a gluten free version.
- Strawberry Frangipane Tart with Brown Butter Brown Rice Crust (Gluten Free) from Franny Cakes
- Raspberry Oatmeal Dumplings (Gluten Free)
For the mom who loves a savory breakfast:
- Chili and Cornbread Waffle Stacks from A Pinch of Yum
- Savory Oats with Sauteed Mushrooms, Onion and Thyme from A Bachelor and His Grill
- Sweet Potato, Kale and Black Bean Breakfast Pizza (Gluten Free) from Cara’s Cravings
For the health conscious mom:
- Almond Flour Pancakes (Gluten Free and Paleo Friendly) from The Roasted Root
- Blueberry-Coconut Baked Steel Cut Oats (Vegan and can be Gluten Free) from Family Fresh Cooking
- Peach Breakfast Calzone (Gluten and Dairy Free) from The Non-Dairy Queen
Recipes that are easy enough for the kiddos:
- Blueberry Lemon Pancakes from Weelicious
- Five-Spice Muesli Granola and Peach Greek Yogurt Parfaits from A Sage Amalgam:: Kids will love helping with the assembly of these pretty parfaits.
- Strawberry Scones from Koko Cooks