Coconut Cashew Sheera
Inspired by Tarla Dalal
Makes: 6 – 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 1 cup raw Cashews
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 3 Tbsp Ghee (or Coconut Oil if vegan)
- 3/4 cup Honey
- About 1-1/2 to 2 cups of Water
- 1/4 tsp ground Cardamom Powder (or a few pods that you crush)
- a few strands of Saffron (optional)
3. Heat the ghee (or coconut oil) over medium low heat in a heavy pan. Add the coconut flour and ground cashews. Stir until the mixture becomes a light brown color; about 5 – 7 minutes.
4. In a small bowl mix the saffron with a tablespoon of water so that the color and fragrance starts releasing.
5. Lower the heat. Mix the honey into the flour mixture. Add water slowly (about 1/2 cup at a time). You may need more than 2 cups depending on how much of the water is absorbed by the flour. Basically you want the mixture to look like a smooth thick paste / dough and not crumbly. Add the saffron and cardamom. Cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Dry roast a few whole cashews in a small non stick pan till they start browning. Serve the sheera pipping hot garnished with these cashews!