- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill GF Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup rice flour or ground rice
- 1 egg
- 5 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped into 1″ pieces or smaller
- 1 cup shredded non-dairy cheddar, such as Daiya
- 1-1/4 cups soy milk or other milk alternative
- 1 tbsp olive oil or sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Put the sugar, salt, baking powder, cornmeal and rice flour into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Beat egg and stir in oil. Add to the cornmeal mixture and stir well.
- Gently stir in cheese substitute and bacon.
- Pour into a 9 inch pie dish. Grease or oil the pie plate well.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Serve as soon as done and cut into squares.
Becky Lowder is the founder of glutenfreebecky.com. It’s a gluten free blog about discovering new food, life experiences, and finally enjoying life! She’s been gluten free for less than six months and living every day to the fullest.
Stop by and say hello on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/glutenfreebecky or
twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/glutenfreebeck