Crispy and full of zing, these classic Gingersnaps live up to their name and they’re so simple to make. This recipe comes from our bakery and uses our Gluten Free All Purpose Flour. If that particular flour blend doesn’t appeal to you or your family, try this recipe for gluten free Crispy Ginger Cookies.
For a fun holiday dessert, make these into ice cream sandwiches- simply place about 1/4 cup of softened vanilla ice cream (dairy or non-dairy will both work fine) between two gingersnaps and gently press. When ice cream has filled to the edge, roll the edge in festive sprinkles. Then wrap in plastic and freeze for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Gingersnap Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups Butter
- 1-1/2 cups White Sugar, plus some for rolling
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 2 Eggs
- 4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1-1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cloves
1. In medium bowl, cream butter, sugar, molasses, and eggs.
2. In large bowl combine dry ingredients; stir into butter mixture.
3. Refrigerate for several hours
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Scoop out dough, and shape into ½ inch balls.
6. Roll into granulated sugar.
7. Arrange at least 3 inches apart on a baking sheet (they spread while baking).
8. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes. (Baking less time will give you a chewy cookie; baking more will make them crisp).
9. Cool on wire racks.
10. If desired sprinkle with more granulated sugar.
Makes approximately 48 cookies.