Thanksgiving is by far one of my favorite holidays because it is focused on all the things that are dear to me—food and eating food with family and friends. I love to feed my friends. These vegetarian cheesy bites are a nice alternative to Mac n Cheese on the Thanksgiving table.
Makes about 24 mini bites
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill cooked Quinoa
- 1 Shallot, finely diced
- ½ cup grated Carrot
- 1 cup Gruyere, shredded
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan, shredded
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Salt (optional, depending on how salty your cheeses are)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together quinoa, shallot, carrot, cheese, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Distribute mixture into a mini muffin baking pan, filling each cup to the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream or any chutney of your choice.
- Use a mini muffin baking pan to bake these quinoa bites.
- Taste the mix prior to adding eggs to see if it needed salt.
- Use a hand grater or your machine to grate the carrots and the cheeses.
- Add some cayenne pepper to the quinoa mixture if you want additional kick.
Rashmi Nigam is a wife, mother, foodie, and blogger who chronicles her journey towards raising healthy eaters at YumKid. She draws from her real food upbringing, as well as her travels, to prepare simple, unprocessed meals for her family. You can also follow her on Twitter or Facebook.