With the release of Bob’s Red Mill new granolas, the bakery decided to include one of them in our monthly special. Using the new and improved Bob’s Red Mill Apple Blueberry Granola, we constructed a deliciously satisfying cookie. The addition of our dried blueberries, diced dried apples and roasted hazelnuts make for a filling treat. The following recipe is versatile with all of our granolas too! Maybe the new Cinnamon Raisin granola is what you crave? Just substitute the granolas and add ½ cup raisins, chocolate chips or dried apricots? Try it and have fun!
If you’re looking to cut sugar, this recipe performs well with up to half of the sugar. This reduction will result in a slightly lighter color. Come on down to the Whole Grain Store and try one of our new granolas and don’t forget a 6-pack of these tasty cookies for only $4.99!
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Stone Ground Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Apple Blueberry Granola
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill All Natural Dried Blueberries
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Diced Dried Apples
- ½ cup chopped roasted Hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda, stir into the creamed mixture.
- Finally, stir in the granola, dried fruits, and nuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until cookies are lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove cookies to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
Enjoy this whole grain treat!
A note from Cassidy: These cookies are divine! We were the lucky recipients of a box a few days ago and they disappeared immediately. I love the chewy texture and the cookie itself reminds me of a fun twist on the traditonal oatmeal cookie.