This post is sort of hard to write from Oregon, as we’ve hardly had any heat to speak of so far this June. However, I anticipate that it IS indeed coming and it may be rather warm where you are, so I’m powering through. When it gets hot, the last thing most of us want to do is turn on the oven or stove. Here are some great recipes that will take very little energy on your part and only require a small (if any) amount of stove time.
- Peanut Sauce Vegetable Stir-Fry over Quinoa: easy peasy and only a few minutes near the stove.
- Taco Salad with TVP (or meat, if you prefer): pretty simple and very tasty
- Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous with Pesto and Vegetables: another simple recipe to prepare that tastes wonderful on a warm evening.
- Cold Curried Groats: this would be great prepared in the morning when it’s still cool and served in the evening with grilled meat or vegetables.
- Ricotta Spinach Tacos from The Food Network: easy, light and healthy- what more do you need?
- Sesame Cucumber Salad from Simply Recipes: perfect side for grilled chicken on a hot night.
- Watermelon Salad with Mint Leaves from The Food Network: trust us, it’s divine!
- Gazpacho from Simply Recipes: definitely a warm weather dish- just be sure to plan ahead, this one sits overnight.
- Tabbouleh: with warm pita bread, fresh hummus and feta… easy, delicious and healthy too!
What is your go-to warm weather dinner?