We’re celebrating the tiny wonder-seed Chia all month long. This wonderful recipe comes from Brandi of Bran Appetit. Brandi Evans is the writer, taste tester, and dish washer at BranAppetit! Of her blog, Brandi says, “This blog is my cooking outlet, a place where I can share what’s going on in our kitchen and our lives. A self-taught cook, I try my best to make delicious homemade food, with a healthier spin. Equally fueled by local food, fresh baked bread, and homemade desserts, we eat often and we eat well.” We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Cherry Almond Chia Granola
Makes: About 4.5 cups granola
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Buckwheat Groats
- ½ cup Quinoa, uncooked
- 1/3 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 cup sliced Almonds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup neutral Oil (safflower, coconut, or canola work well)
- 1 cup dried Tart Cherries
- Preheat oven to 225°F degrees.
- Place the oats, buckwheat groats, quinoa, chia seeds, almonds, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and toss together.
- Pour the vanilla, maple syrup, and oil over the granola mixture and stir to combine, making sure that the oil and maple syrup has coated everything.
- Spread the granola onto a parchment-paper lined baking sheet and bake at 225 for 60-90 minutes until the granola is toasted and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Break apart and toss together with the dried cherries before serving.