Happy February! We’re kicking off a full month of chia seed madness featuring some great recipes from bloggers of every sort. We know a lot of people are interested in this funny little seed and looking for some fun and delicious ways to include it in their diet. Without further ado, here is a wonderful recipe from Brittany of Itty Bits of Balance.
Brittany considers her blog to be a resource for all types of readers to come together and take a look on the inner workings of a healthy lifestyle. “Being formerly overweight myself, I have gone through quite the weight loss journey and have tried out my fair share of fad diets with non-wholesome ingredients. Ideally, I want to build a sense of community, where readers can escape the flawed views of “healthy” that are floating around through the media, and realize that we need to eat to live! (I was also recently diagnosed with an intolerance to wheat, so Bob’s Red Mill has truly been a saving grace for me!)”
Chocolate Protein Chia Pudding
Prep Time: 30 minutes or overnight
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp protein powder of choice (I used hemp)
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp Stevia (or other sweetener)
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir together. Let sit for about 10 minutes, then mix again with a fork. Continue to let mixture sit until pudding forms and stir well before serving.
**For overnight option– just stir once after 10 minutes and let pudding form in refrigerator overnight.