This post comes from Christen Waller, author of Life: Styled, and is part of our partnership to Bake a Healthier Holiday with California Olive Ranch.
Chocolate Rosemary Olive Oil Cake
- 1-1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached White Flour
- 3/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Millet Flour
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup California Olive Ranch Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cups Milk
- 1-1/2 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 ounces grated Dark Chocolate (70% cacao)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar (for top crunch)
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Rub a bundt (or loaf) pan with olive oil.
Whisk the flours, sugar, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
In another bowl, whisk the eggs together, then add the olive oil and milk to the eggs. Whisk until blended. Then mix in the rosemary.
Fold wet ingredients into the dry, mixing until just combined. Next fold in the shaved chocolate until uniformly mixed.
Spoon the 2 tablespoons of sugar into the bottom of your bundt pan. Then pour the batter into your prepared pan.
Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and skewer inserted comes clean.
Wait until the cake is cooled before inverting the bundt pan to release your beautiful cake!