This easy and delicious recipe comes from Sarah of Frankly Entertaining. Of her blog, Sarah writes, “Franklyentertaining.com is a way for two sisters who live on opposite sides of the country to stay connected while trying to come up with fun and creative ways to feed our families.”
Cheesy Barley and Spinach Bake
- 1/2 cup Barley
- 2 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1/8 cup toasted Pine Nuts
- Place stock and barley in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir.
- Cover and reduce heat, cooking for 45 minutes.
- Add in spinach and cheese, and stir until combined.
- Place in an oven safe dish and top with pine nuts.
- Bake at 350º for twenty minutes.
This is a great side dish, but it can also serve as a great vegetarian option if you make it with the vegetable stock.