At Bob’s Red Mill, we think the Fourth of July is one of the very best holidays. First, people usually get together with friends and family. Second, the weather is almost always gorgeous. Third, um, fireworks!! Finally, food usually involves things that are easy to throw together and/or grilled! That presents and shopping aren’t part of the holiday is a bonus, in our opinion.
Who doesn’t love to make something crazy and fun for the holidays? Independence day need not be excluded from wild and wacky creations. Here are some awesome, fun and creative ways to show your patriotism.
Ok this one is more red-ish, but it does sound very American: Root Beer Baked Beans from Bon Appetit
Simply Delicious Strawberry Cake from Paula Deen
Red Velvet Cake (One of our favorites!) from Joy of Baking
French Tomato Tart from David Lebovitz
- Artichoke and White Bean Dip from Flavor Vegan
- New York Style White Pizza from Serious Eats
- Vanilla Milkshakes from Paula Dean
- Mozzarella “Smores” from Epicurious.com
- Blue Corn Walnut Biscuits
- Blue Cornmeal Pancakes
- Potato Chips with Blue Cheese from Bobby Flay
- Blueberry Ketchup from Delish.com: Yes, I know it sounds weird, but it’s got you intrigued, admit it.
Red, White and Blue!
- Sun Dried Tomato and Blue Cheese Burgers from All Recipes.com
- Red, White and Blue Pie from Better Homes and Gardens
- Red, White and Blue Potato Salad from Epicurious.com: I’ve actually tried this one- truly delicious and wonderfully fun if you can find purple or blue potatoes (if not, I bet food dye would do the trick).
- Fruit Tart Flag from The Food Network: For those of you who are especially industrious.
- Where would we be without the classic? American Flag Cake from Ina Garten