Pancakes should never be a weekend only treat. In fact, my husband and I enjoy a fluffy stack of our favorite pancakes at least once a week for dinner. I mean think about it, what would you rather eat, a boneless skinless chicken breast or a soft stack of strawberry pancakes?
What makes these particular pancakes so perfect for any day or any meal is how secretly healthy they are. Each bite is filled with protein from the added chia seeds and yogurt, antioxidants from the strawberries and a big dose of vitamin C from the orange juice. Basically, it’s like eating a salad for dinner, except way better because you can dose these in syrup. And you know, they’re pancakes.
On top of these being insanely delicious, they’re also so easy to make. Just grab a bag of your favorite Bob’s Red Mill buttermilk pancake mix and add in the rest! No need for flour measuring or figuring out the baking powder. This cuts down the cooking time and makes it easy to have pancakes for dinner every night.
Strawberry Chia Seed & Greek Yogurt Pancakes
Serves about 6 | Prep time: >10 minutes | Cook time: about 8 minutes
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- About ½ cup chopped Strawberries
- 3 -4 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- Fresh Whipped Cream for garnish
- Sliced Strawberries for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the pancake mix, eggs, canola oil, milk and Greek yogurt together. Stir in the chia seeds and strawberries.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of the batter into the skillet and cook until the batter starts to bubble. Flip and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the pancakes with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
Claire is a cookbook author, food writer and recipe creator, soon-to-be culinary student and avid world traveler. She is recently married to a social media guru who loves *almost* everything she conjures up. She writes full-time for the Food section of SheKnows, FabulousFoods.com and is a contributing writer for the Travel section of SheKnows. You can also follow her daily musings and find delicious healthy recipes on her food blog, The Realistic Nutritionist. Follow Claire on Twitter and Facebook to keep up to date with her newest creations.