This gorgeous dish comes from Faith Gorsky of An Edible Mosaic as part of our Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous celebration. Look for another delicious recipe from her next week. AnEdibleMosaic.com is a unique recipe collection of international favorites and updated American classics, with emphasis on seasonal dishes. Tantalizing photography nudges you into the kitchen and easy to follow instructions make sure you stay there. Whether the occasion is breakfast, dessert, or anything in between, you’ll find what you’re looking for and hopefully be inspired to try something new.
Vanilla-Berry Whole Wheat Couscous Breakfast Pilaf
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 (3-inch) Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous (Israeli Couscous)
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Dried Tart Cherries
- 2 cups fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 cup slivered Almonds, toasted in a dry skillet
- 2 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Golden Flaxseeds, ground
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened Yogurt (optional, for topping)
- Fresh Mint Leaves (optional, for garnish)
Add the water, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean paste, and salt to a medium saucepan; bring to a boil, then add the couscous and dried cherries. Bring back up to a boil, then cover, turn heat down to low, and simmer until all the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Turn heat off, cool to room temperature, then fluff with a fork. Stir in the blueberries, almonds, and ground flaxseed, and then transfer to 4 individual serving dishes. Top each with 2 tablespoons of yogurt and garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.