This recipe comes from our very own test kitchen, courtesy of Sarah House as part of our month-long celebration of whole wheat pearl couscous. Make this as a sweet breakfast treat or as a healthy dessert. Perfect for brunch or served with a scoop of vanilla (or coconut!) ice cream. Enjoy!
If you aren’t fond of the orange/coconut combo, Sarah also developed this version with Apricots and Almonds.
Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous Coconut Pudding with Mandarins
- 1/2 cup canned Coconut Milk (120mL)
- 1 cup Water (240mL)
- 1/4 cup Evaporated Cane Juice Sugar (36g)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flakes (15g)
- 11 oz can Mandarin Oranges, drained, or fresh (312g)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous (171g)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup canned Coconut Milk to garnish (optional)
Combine 1/2 cup coconut milk, water, evaporated cane juice and coconut flakes. Bring to a boil.
Add whole wheat pearl couscous, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until all liquid has been absorbed.
Remove from heat and stir in drained or fresh mandarin orange segments.
Portion into individual serving bowls and top with remaining coconut milk, if desired.