Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous with Peas and Mint
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (28g) + more as needed
- 1/2 large Onion, diced (70g)
- 1-1/4 – 1-1/2 cups Vegetable Stock (300mL)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous (171g)
- 2/3 cup Green Peas, fresh or frozen (89g)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (28g) + more to garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh Mint, chopped (2g)
Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent.
Add vegetable stock to onions and bring to a boil. Add pearl couscous and return to a boil. Then, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until all liquid has been absorbed. If couscous is not tender enough, add additional vegetable stock and simmer until absorbed.
Remove from heat and add peas and Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add just enough oil to prevent the couscous from clumping. Let cool to room temperature.
Stir salad to break up any clumps that may have formed then mix in chopped mint. Garnish with parmesan.
Makes 4 servings as a side dish.
Want to fancy this dish up? Take Jess in Inventory’s hint and add prosciutto, fresh or crisped.