This fun breakfast twist on Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous comes form Tina of The Wandering Eater. Of her blog, Tina writes, “The Wandering Eater is devoted to food that tastes good. It ranges from restaurant reviews to recipes I’ve cooked at home that reflects my food preferences of being flavorful, interesting yet somewhat familiar.” While this recipe certainly seems geared towards breakfast, we think it would make a great dinner too!
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pearl Couscous (or Israeli Couscous)
- 1-1/4 cups Water
- Kosher Salt and ground Pepper
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp shredded Jalapeño Havarti (sharp cheddar or any flavorful, semi-soft cheese would work)
- 2-3 slices of Bacon, fried and coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced Scallion Greens or Chives
3. Serve couscous in a bowl (divided evenly) topped with cheese, egg, and scallion greens. Enjoy immediately.